In which the answer is twenty five days, if anybody's counting


If you weren't on Facebook this afternoon, 
you still maybe heard the gasps from non-horse people 
and the cheering (and face/palms) from the Usual Suspects.

Surgery + 25 days, for the beancounters out there.
Stirrups are truly even for the first time in at least 3 years!

I didn't show up at Fish Creek today planning to ride.  

Actually, I was just there yesterday, hanging out with Patty and Monica (and Connor) and photosynthesizing some extra spoons

Patty and Monica had a terrific ride in the morning.
I was only a teeny bit jealous.
photo by Monica Bretherton 

And then, today, my friend Susan was supposed to take a riding lesson.

Learning to "wrap" the endurance bit
into Hana's mouth.  

Only that didn't quite happen, so she and Duana and I ended up messing around rather extensively with Hana.


And then....well, Hana was all tacked up....and Duana's helmet fits me just fine...



...and it's not like I've never ridden this pony before!


11 years I've been riding this pony!

And I was never going to "just walk" anyhow.

I rode for a total of 5 minutes, walk and trot in the arena.
Hana didn't even break a sweat.  (Neither did I, for the record)

How was it?

I'll tell ya:

It was painless.

And how am I now?

Happier.

Much, much happier.

Comments

  1. Wow! That's a record I bet:) Glad to hear things are progressing so well. Hana is looking very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Back in the saddle, huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have felt amazing! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!!! On so many levels just yes. Omg so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D


    And that's all I've go tot say about that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! Wonderful wonderful wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To err is human. To be anonymous is not.

Popular Posts